✔ 2-layer Microgreen Tray
✔ Size: Approximately 33 x 25 x 4.7 cm (bottom tray); 29.5 x 21.5 x 3 cm (upper tray, inner sizes)
✔ Colour: White (upper tray), Green (bottom tray)
✔ Material: Durable plastic
✔ Easier bottom watering to prevent moulds
✔ Suitable for all kinds of microgreen
✔ Shipped from Kulim, Kedah
✔ SHS Kebun is the registered trademark of Grand SHS Resources (M) Sdn. Bhd. Beware of any fake listings using our trade name.
The 2-layer system allows anyone without professional skills to plant microgreen easily at home without having to worry about moulds etc.
Once the seeds have sprouted, you just need to make sure the bottom tray always has water. Do not need to water the microgreen directly. This will minimise the risk of having moulds which is a common problem in growing microgreen.
1. Fill the upper tray with planting medium. We recommend using peat moss. Peat moss has high water retention capability to keep the medium always moist.
2. Spread your seeds generously onto the medium. The density of the seeds depends on the type of microgreen you are planting. You will know the optimum density after a few rounds.
3. Gently press the seeds into the medium with your palm or something flat. Do not press too hard. As long as the seeds are slightly buried into the medium, they will germinate.
4. Spray with water until all seeds are damp but not wet. Some people suggest only use non-chlorinated water. It does not really matter, but just a personal preference.
5. Cover the tray and put the tray in a cool, dark place. You can also:
a) Stack the trays if you are planting several trays simultaneously.
b) Put something heavy on the cover to give it a weight. When the roots start to grow, the roots will grow deeper and healthier.
6. Depending on the type of seeds you sow, open the cover after 3-4 days. If you see the seeds have sprouted, remove the cover. Spray with water gently if the medium is dry.
7. Put the tray in a place that is under shade but can receive sunlight. Avoid places that are hot and receive strong sunlight. Check the bottom tray for water every 2-3 days. If it is dry, top up the tray with water.
8. You can harvest your microgreen betweeen 7-15 days depending on the type of microgreen. Use a pair of sharp scissors to cut the microgreen near the medium.
1. Roots hairs may look like mould. So do not be too alarmed if you see something similar.
2. If mould does appear, immediately remove the infected section to prevent it from spreading.
3. Throw the medium in your compost bin after your harvest.
4. During harvesting, avoid pulling out the microgreen. This is to avoid pulling out the medium which may make it a bit messy.
1 set of SHS KEBUN microgreen tray (upper and bottom tray)
Ready-stock and shipped from Kulim, Kedah
SHS KEBUN/SHS GARDEN is the registered trademark of Grand SHS Resources (M) Sdn. Bhd. Beware of any fake listings using our trade name.
The two-layer design allows changing water to prevent root rot.
Size: 33 x 25 x 4.7 cm
1 pc of SHS KEBUN Microgreen Tray (top and bottom tray). Microgreen seeds are not included